JOB SITE POWERHOUSE
The pinnacle of productivity. The workhorse of the Freightliner severe-duty lineup. The 114SD Plus keeps the job site moving, whether you’re pouring a foundation or keeping a city running.
It’s the same reliable workhorse you know from Freightliner – only better. The 114SD Plus brings more of everything to the job site: the industry’s most advanced powertrain and active
safety technologies, comfort features that keep operators working hard and the QuickFit™ Electrical System that makes upfit simpler and more efficient.
When you add it all together, you get a work truck that’s greater than the sum of its parts: the powerful, work-ready 114SD Plus.
A range of operator comfort features and plenty of powertrain options make the 114SD Plus a versatile choice for any hardworking fleet.
MORE OPERATOR COMFORT FEATURES
The 114SD Plus interior offers a range of features that help keep drivers and operators comfortable and working hard:
- Three all-new trim levels that provide optimal driver comfort and the best fit for any job.
- Newly-designed ergonomic seats featuring precision adjustability and exceptional comfort.
- A new standard cab insulation package for a quieter work environment.
- Increased storage to keep drivers organized and focused.
- A redesigned, modern dash with an easy-to-read driver command center.
- A standard tilt and telescoping steering wheel with multi-function controls for easier operation.
- A fully customizable, LED-backlit switch layout to ease truck operation and help keep operators focused.
- Easy-to-reach, electric window and door locks.
DESIGNED TO GET THE JOB DONE
New powertrain options provide horsepower and torque ratings that make the 114SD Plus a force of job site productivity like never before. It features:
- A GVWR of up to 92,000 pounds.
- A standard Detroit® DD13® Gen 5 engine that’s brand new to the 114SD Plus, offering vocational power ratings up to 525 HP, rapid
torque and ThermoCoasting for reduced parked regens.
- An available Detroit® DT12-V® transmission that provides easy control as well as smooth pneumatic shifting and clutch
engagement using a column-mounted shifter.
- A range of DT12-V features, including Power Launch, Hill Start Aid, Off-Road Mode, Rock-Free Mode, Creep Mode and Paver Mode.
- Additional engine options include the the Detroit® DD8™, Cummins X12 with up to 500 HP and 1700 LB-FT of torque, Cummins
L9 as well as the Cummins L9N and Cummins ISX12N natural gas engines.
- Day cab, extended cab and crew cab configurations to fit your application’s unique requirements.
SAFETY THAT DRIVES PRODUCTIVITY
With a 2,500-square-inch windshield for superior visibility, extra-wide door openings that make entry and exit easy, and the optional Bendix Intellipark Electronic
Parking Brake System that helps prevent rollaways, the 114SD Plus is purpose-built for safety. Plus, the Detroit Assurance® with ABA 5 Suite of Safety
Systems is available with both Detroit and Cummins engines, making one of the most powerful trucks on the job site even safer.
ACTIVE BRAKE ASSIST 5
Detroit Assurance Active Brake Assist helps mitigate potential collisions with stationary and traveling vehicles as well as moving pedestrians by automatically
engaging warnings, and partial or full braking.
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
Between job sites, Detroit Assurance Adaptive Cruise Control is designed to adjust cruising speed down to 10 MPH (0 MPH with a
Detroit engine and the DT12® transmission) to maintain a safe following distance from other vehicles.
LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
Stay focused on the way to the job site. Detroit Assurance Lane Departure Warning keeps an eye on the road and alerts the operator if their truck veers into another lane without signaling.
SIDE GUARD ASSIST
Detroit Assurance Side Guard Assist alerts the driver about objects and pedestrians in the truck’s passenger-side blind spot.
TOOLS THAT POWER PRODUCTIVITY
With easier serviceability, made possible by see-through fluid reservoirs and a hood that tilts nearly 90 degrees, the 114SD Plus is designed to keep maintenance simple. And when you add
smarter connectivity, powered by the Detroit Connect, it adds up to more time on the job.
Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® remote diagnostics service takes the guesswork out of diagnostics and helps fleet managers address critical fault events quickly and get your truck back to work.
DETROIT CONNECT PORTAL
The Detroit Connect Portal provides a clear view of fault trends across your fleet, so you can identify maintenance issues before they become critical.
SAFETY EVENT VIEWER
The Detroit Connect Portal also gives fleet managers peace of mind by enabling them to view critical safety events in their trucks that have
Detroit Assurance® and take action to increase the safety of trucks on the road.
LEGENDARY CUSTOMER SUPPORT
With dealerships in Oregon, Washington and Idaho, Freightliner Northwest is always there to keep your fleet running smoothly.
BUILT TO SIMPLIFY UPFIT
The 114SD Plus is purpose-built for easier upfit. With optimized mid-chassis packaging, a strategically mounted aftertreatment system and a configurable dash panel
featuring more than twice the space for switches than previous models, it’s a versatile platform for customization. And with a range of powerful configuration tools,
like the QuickFit® Electrical System and Daimler CHEC Tool™, the 114SD Plus makes upfit faster and more efficient than ever. All Plus series technical details can be
found in the Technical Resource Guide (TRG).
QUICKFIT ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
QuickFit features a new multiplexed architecture that makes it easier to integrate your trucks with the equipment you need to get the job done.
QuickFit offers easy access to connection points, more power sources and plenty of customizable parameters to make upfits flexible and reliable.
DAIMLER CHEC TOOL
The Daimler CHEC Tool provides an easy-to-use interface to view and modify electrical configurations as well as change parameters in minutes.
Relocated electrical components provide even better isolation from harsh conditions and road debris that can cause downtime.