March 18, 2020
To our valued customers,
In light of the current COVID-19 virus developments we want to share with you that we are committed to serving you and assure you that the GTC Dealer Family, including Freightliner Northwest, Western Star Northwest and Freightliner of Hawaii, continues to take steps to minimize risk to employees and customers so that we may continue to offer needed parts and service to keep our customers running throughout this trying time. We also want to assure our customers that we are prepared to offer curbside and/or increased delivery services as the situation develops.
Our customers are an important, irreplaceable part of the supply chain that makes necessary goods and supplies available to Americans not only in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii but across the country. Without transportation so many public services and needs would be left unfilled. We are committed to helping keep commercial truck drivers on the road, serving the needs of people and replenishing supplies. The uptime of your business is not only critical to you, it’s critical to our Nation.
GTC Dealer Family Immediate and Ongoing Actions to Prevent COVID-19
- Expanded facility cleaning routines throughout the day with an emphasis on commonly touched areas and surfaces to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
- Staff education of Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance regarding facts known about the virus including symptoms and distancing, hand washing and surface sanitization guidelines.
- Constant monitoring and communication of state and federal government mandates, recommendations, and assistance availability.
- Temporary suspension of group gatherings and unnecessary travel.
- Temporary suspension of commercial air travel.
- Limited access to front desk/reception areas.
- Increased facility signage to include proper washing techniques for both employees and visitors.
- Commitment to providing business to business delivery alternatives and curbside service as necessary.
We are a family owned and operated business and we have over 70 years of freight transportation experience and 35 years of commercial truck dealership experience. We understand how important commercial trucking is to American communities, especially in these unprecedented times.
We intend to keep all 12 branches open during this time and we are monitoring the situation diligently. We will make necessary changes to keep employees and customers safe and we hope in doing so you will continue to utilize the parts and services we provide. Together we will keep America moving forward.
About Gordon Truck Centers, Inc.
Built upon over 30 years of helping customer satisfy their transportation needs, Gordon Truck Centers, Inc. is an expanded network of dealerships doing business as Freightliner Northwest, Western Star Northwest, and Freightliner of Hawaii. The Dealership Family has 12 locations off nearly every major highway throughout Washington, Oregon and Hawaii. As a full-service Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, Wilson Trailer, dealership family, GTC can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy-duty applications.